5 Ways in which your long lasting lipstick is actually ruining your lips!

Whether you buy lipstick online or offline, the advertising tactic remains the same (unfortunately).

Similar features in various languages ALWAYS being advertised as something 'Good".

LONG LASTING LIPSTICK

LASTS FOR 12 HOURS STRAIGHT

LASTS FOR 24 HOURS?????

WHAT??

What does that really means when you read ‘long lasting lipstick?

Here are some of the ways your long lasting lipstick or is having an adverse effect on your skin.

1. Renal Failure

Do you know that your LONG LASTING lipstick is composed of harmful chemicals such as chromium, cadmium, and magnesium? Do you also know that continuous exposure to these chemicals can lead to renal failure?

2. Toxic ingestion

We all eat our lipsticks. Yep, you heard it right! The more chemicals your long lasting lipstick contains, the more chemicals you are ingesting as you eat and drink with the lipstick on. Ingesting toxic materials can lead to an accumulation of these harmful chemicals over time, further leading to toxicity.

3. Cancer

Well, the scariest one is for the last. Yes, it may cause cancer, courtesy of parabens and formaldehyde, also known as carcinogens, that form the preservative part of your long lasting lipstick. It can affect your eyes and cause constant allergic reactions in the form of wheezing.

So, what do you do? Well, it is OK to apply your lipstick very often! It is actually the safest way. Go for a 'medically clean" which means beauty without toxicity. Yes, It is not possible to ditch chemicals entirely.

But, it is possible to ditch the HARMFUL ones.

No, it does not last for 24 hours, but it does last for 2-3 hours and thats is good enough.

Shop consciously and ALWAYS look for the ingredients.

For more fun and clean lipsticks, learn here!

 

Leave a comment